Wednesday 27 May 2020

Autumn in Japan 2018

IT'S DECEMBER TIME TO PLAY CHRISTMAS SONG

it's last month I was in Tokyo for my 3 months stay!
time passed in a blink! 
well, time always do that XD

before travelling back time, today is 27 May 2020
my feeling? emotion? thought? is all over the place today ;-;
yesterday i learned that one of the greatest person I've ever met on earth, a teacher, has left this world
then state of emergency in Tokyo has been lifted; thus my partner and some pals have arranged for beach trip this weekend 
(means I adjusted my posting schedule and most probably no twitting on that day)
of course school is starting, i'm still in denial about that 😂
and 2 friends started a new food business together, that's to congratulate
and my blog post today, i won't be able to finish it in one go since i have part time job today
(well mainly my fault since I didn't get up earlier..)
ok let's do stuff step by step starting from blogging @@ 
BACK TO DECEMBER 2018~

It's autumn~!
I mentioned (here or Twitter?) that I actually love seeing momiji and would recommend people coming on late Oct-early Dec more than spring XD
and even though it's my last month in Tokyo, I still explored new places~!


near Imperial Palace, and from a building

kinda pity that there's construction on going ;w;

autumn leaves at its' best <3 
and Christmas decoration is almost everywhere already!

random bear :B
and first time using public phone!

I find public phone super convenient ;w;
I didn't have Japanese number but needed to call the post office to redeliver my stuff
Thus I tried using the public phone for the first time and IT WAS AWESOME ;w;
my call wasn't too long so I only used 10yen!!!!
I guess Japan's post office also super helpful and convenient thus the call was done fast!

FYI now for redelivering package, i can just use my phone, scan QR code and request for delivery online from the official homepage~
some delivery company even give me a LINE message if my package is coming the next day!
I think this is why Japan doesn't really need service like 'Go-Jek'? since post office is super convenient!
We can also do 'payment on receiving', means we'll only pay the whole delivery service when we receive the stuff too!
for me, it shows how Japanese trust each other ;w;

time for exploration!

Saitama Super Arena!

I've never been to but I want one day---
may be that one day is far due to the current situation though ;w;

view from the train

and reached!

That day, I travelled to Gunma prefecture!

TBH almost all outskirt have the same view from the main station XD

I ate kakiage soba on my way in the train station
and at last I'm where I wanted to be!

Since I came to Japan, I've come to love soba
It's healthier than ramen for calorie wise XD
and I super love kakiage, which is fried mixed vegetable!
it's the Japanese version of bakwan? 😂
and I super love mixing wasabi to my dipping sauce or soup!
I love both hot and cold soba but mostly eat the cold one, since i have weak tongue XD

The reason i was in Gunma is to visit Sekai no Meiken Bokujo; dog park!

it's a wide space where dog owners can bring their dog since there are lots of dog run area

and at the same time, they also have dogs there XD

we can enter inside the gate of small and medium dogs but not the big ones

they are still very easy to pat and play with though! 
energetic <3

I honestly was afraid of dog when I was young XD
there was once when I went to my cousin's place and his dog kept on chasing me 😂
of course i was surprised and afraid but later on learned that dog does that because they wanna play!

it's somewhat like human interaction for me 😂
since I've grown up pretty much alone, I don't really know how to deal with another living being
now i've learned to just be kind and be myself UwU

now I'm so in love with dog (to the point of i think I'm more of dog person than cat!)
my personal preference is small dog, though rumour is smaller dog is fiercer but after all big dog still surprise me now and then XD

by the way, my first love is a pom! 
to be exact Mogu, the dog of A9's guitarist, Hiroto :D
after Mogu, I come to love chihuahua from Yusa-san XD
then my senior at Medan owns a golden retriever and I super love her too, because mofumofu <3

last week, i went to do my nail and there were 2 dogs!! 
both were a mix breed of toy poodle and maltese
I was super healed cause they come to me willingly ;w;
may be after all i'm a dog person 😂
i want my loneliness to be healed~~ 😂

i fell in love with a Chihuahua there!
the dog park does sell treats and not only that, we can do a walk with them too!

Time for a walk!!!
I was super excited and nervous since I've never walked a dog before but I tried the 30mins course for 700yen!
and my partner was the chihuahua, who sadly I don't remember the name anymore ;w;

there's even space for walk!

I don't know...dogs like leaves?  😂
and another thing I like about small dog; carriableeeeeee <3

that day's weather was terrific! <3

and the real reason why I was there
eh, I mean how I came to know that place 😂

I wanna visit the dog park againnnn
It was heavennnnnn ;w;
I wanna play with dogggggg ;w;
though it's far from the station that I actually used taxi!
after all, when it comes to outskirt, rent a car and driving is best ;w;

it was almost in the middle of a mountain XD

but the autumn leaf was awesome <3

commemoration pictures :D

with the horse that is Gunma's mascot :D

the dog park doesn't even have any bus stop nearby!
So I did what I don't think I'd ever do anywhere else beside Japanwalking around the highway!

I'm lucky that it was sunny and bright, since I'm afraid of mountainous area with lots of tree 😂

found a lot of daikon radish :D

walkedddd to the nearest bus stop, which is at a ryokan (hotel)

I hope next time I can stay overnight there?
Like dog park -> onsen?
It'll be heaven like!

totally village area....
as if I'm renting the whole bus 😂

Time for a touching story ;w;
The bus had no other passenger from the first stop (the hotel)
The touching part is how kind the driver was!
I didn't know that a number of places in Japan still doesn't use IC pass or electric money for local bus and train
Plus that bus only accept coins!
I didn't have enough coin, only paper money ;w;
But the rider still let me ride, of course with the expectation that I'll pay at the station (last stop)

I just find that unbelievable! 
the driver trusts a random stranger!
May be it happens often when it comes to foreigner? 
but yea I was touched ;w;
Later on I bought Pocky at the station and paid. 
I made the driver wait >< 
so thankful!!!

Back to Tokyo

But on the way, I was reminded of my dream of 'conquering every Animate store in the world'
Thus, I stopped by Animate Gunma and Saitama XD

of course I visited Lashinbang too!

and I found a rare item!

TBH I don't remember which is Gunma and which is Saitama anymore 😂
But Koyasu Takehito's game!! 
it's one of the legendary item in seiyuu industry!!
But price is also legendary since it's rare 😂
or else I'd have splurged on it~

Christmas soon!!!!

I went to check out Santa outfit at Donki 😂
As expected of Japan; there's even black santa outfit!
and VIRGIN KILLER SWEATER style santa dress 😂
didn't get any 😂

The day after, a super memorable day for me!

My last Yusa-san event for 2018 was a commemoration of his CD!!
I got first row seat ;w;


By that time, I met Yusa-san, I visited a number of places in Tokyo that appeared in Yusa-san's show, visited DGS related places, passed my entrance exam and very soon found place to stay for 2019!
I'm totally so blessed to be able to reach my goals!!

tried out nearby sento, local bath house

currently i miss onsen ;-; hopefully can go to one in June
There's actually a sento near where I stsy currently, like in 10 mins walk but i'm not into sento
mainly because usually there's no towel no toiletries and hairdryer is not even free ;w;
because before that one, i've only tried out onsen at ryokan and Oedo Onsen Monogatari and Odaiba, now I understand why in anime (*cough* Osomatsu) they bring toiletries when going to sento..
i was there for the experience XD

I found a favorite spot for beautiful autumn leaves!

This visit is partly remarkable cause it was done on 2nd December 2018, when I attended Yusa Kouji's talkshow but at the same time, isn't this view wonderful!
It's another end of Meiji Shrine, nearer to Aoyama itchome station.
The whole line of gingko tree is simply beautiful!

sadly I don't frequently visit that side, thus I didn't catch the view in 2019.
I rarely visit Aoyama, only like 2 or 3 times a year for my haircut XD
but shrine and temple is truly a great place to do either momiji viewing and hanami; cherry blossom viewing!

I did join my friends for real momiji viewing at Shinjuku Gyoen!

It was weekday = not so crowded

But during sakura season, I think it'll still be crowded during weekday 😂

Oh! I remember why I like momiji!
I love the color red <3
it's just like why I like to see sakura, because I love pink XD

Found some random tree that has pink flower, as if sakura XD

I was arranging a lotttt of photos but this one isn't a mistake; 
there were really pink flower during autumn! UwU

Selfie stash XD

Cold weather country = time to wear scarvessss <3

Costest for Kato Megumi XD

My costest for my last cosplay of 2018!
My first love from Saekano is actually Utaha Senpai (by look) but I fell in love with Megumi after watching the series!
I always like oneechan senpai character (for example Eli from Love Live is my first love!! and Ichika is my fave oneechan <3) but I never support them to be with the MC cause I think harem anime MC is a no good guy 😂

But I really like Megumi because she's so real, though "boring" since that's how real life girl is 😂
In a way it's easy to cosplay as her but the hard part is she so plain, nothing stand out 😂

I actually have her ponytail wig and her short hair wig, because I love all her hairstyle but at the end, I cosplayed her once every year since 2018 but all short hair version 😂
short hair cosplay is best 😂
I wanna do her ponytail cosplay too >.< 
next year? 😂

Even at Shinbashi there's Christmas decoration~

random park's autumn view
and visited Shinbashi for one izakaya

and this totally shows why I was there right 😂

TBH I super love izakaya (cause I love beer and yakitori!) 
but I was there especially because Yusa-san came XD
apparently, the owner is used to fans of Yusa-san coming that he even played that video after asking me whether I want it played or not XD
a lot of fans would come after events or conventions, especially the ones from outside Tokyo~

My friend was at first shocked since I ordered daikon radish salad but now he knows the reason too 😂
The staff are super friendly!
The owner told me that at first when he knew that some artist was to visit the store, he thought one of the lady manager is the artist, since his idea of variety show artist is usually woman 😂

Karaage and heart?

I miss izakaya I miss Toriki I miss Kushiage I miss drinking fresh beer ;w;
But I've been holding back for diet sake too 😂

Kamen Rider Heisei Generation Forever movie poster~!

I am actually not fond of watching movie when I was in Indonesia but I learned that it's actually I didn't have much movie I wanna watch in Medan 😂
cause I kinda visited cinema more in Singapore than when I was in Medan, and even more in Japan---

3 months of being in Tokyo and I watched.... 
6 movies and visited cinema 9 times!
Even the first night I reached, right away I went to watch Natsume Yuujincho's movie
Then Re:Zero the next week, but I slept even though the movie was 30 mins long?
Apparently an OVA 😂
Then Godzilla part 3, which not so good ending to me ;w;
Then Bakemonogatari.. where I slept since I'm not in the fandom
2 live viewing of AD-LIVE!
and 2(+1) more XD

Moreover in 2019, i think for May-July I visited cinema almost every weekend 😂

Violet Evergarden exhibition at Ikebukuro OIOI!

TBH Violet and FREE are the titles that made me know Kyoto Animation, because I'm not a big fan of Haruhi nor Lucky Star, plus not so attentive when watching Kobayashi maid
FREE is just one fandom that I really like as a fujoshi (though I'm pretty much not interested anymore after Season 2 since I'm not so attentive anymore 😂)
While Violet Evergarden is super pretty that I can't ignore it~!

One of my fave chain store cafe; Veloce~!

I love Veloce's peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich~!

I've always been a fan of Hoshino Coffee since the one in Singapore is delicious and the one in Japan is as goodddddd!! still a big fan even now!
and tonkatsu for dinner~

found a store in Harajuku that was selling wearable horn :D
and practiced Santa Claus is Coming to Town with my classmates for annual Christmas party 😂

had a stay over party with my best friends <3

Old building is after all so wide that I could place 4 futon mattress 😂
We had fried chicken and cake, following Japan's Christmas culture~!
Of course we drank too XD

Visited Tokyo Dome City for the first time!

Now I just remembered that earlier in 2018
I went to check out one technical school named Yoyogi Animation and saw Tokyo Dome city while walking but that was my first time visiting!
I didn't ride anything in the amusement park side because I was there for something else!

I found JUMP SHOP!

I found out that they do tokusatsu show now and then there too~!

I was there for my second L'ArcenCiel live!!!

Totally unexpected, since I usually don't watch any artist' live for the second time
Usually I'd just watch them perform once and even rarely keep up with their update after that but after all, first love never die!
I think it'll be the same with SuG and X Japan but up to 2020, I watched Ciel for 3 times already in my life!!! ;w;
It's also one thing I'm thankful for during my 3 months visit since I managed to attend 2 concerts!!

On a side note, that day was Ciel's first ever Christmas theme live!
I couldn't remember much when twitting but it was definitely a rare live!
I got to listen WISH, Hurry Christmas, White Feather, even Yuki no Ashiato!!
My dad super love Yuki no Ashiato ;w; 
I was crying inside----

one sad thing was my partner and I were seating on the second? third floor? first row.. 
so we weren't allowed to stand as I think the staff is worried we'll drop down if we move too much? 😂
I could see my partner really wanted to jump during Driver's High 😂
while V is totally fine 😂

red :D

visited Shiba Inu cafe at Harajuku!

but after all after visiting Gunma's dog heaven, the shiba inu cafe isn't up to my liking 😂
mainly because it's crowded, especially by tourist 
(well no surprise since it's Harajuku as well)
the store's setting is cute though! showa style!
but not a place to get fully healed by the dogs.. 
can't pat much..
I guess other animal cafe around Harajuku prob have the same mood, cause they seem to be by the same owner :x
(fyi until now I've never visited the zoo cafe in Harajuku)

KOI!!
and watched Youkai Watch movie though slept halfway since I was only there for Yusa-san 😂

end of 2018 was the beginning of tapioca boba boom in Japan...?
that Koi is the first Koi in Tokyo, which is Harajuku.
Now they have store at Ikebukuro too~

But yea, I was in the boba boom too!
I didn't get to drink Koi in Tokyo that time but later on a few times in Medan since they open near my house 😂

But since mid January 2020
since I started dieting, I'm off the boba fever and haven't drink until now..?
of course I do have fave stores (including Koi) and starting to miss them but none near me :D
the boom of boba is being said as "they forgot that Tokyo have winter--" but for me it's basically because I think of calorie 😂

Lastly, visited Kaji Yuki's exhibition at Shibuya's HMV~
showing a number of anime he stared in and goods!




Next will be last post for December 2018 and my 2018 backlog is cleared XD
Just like school's starting in June, I'll be writing about 2019 from next month too XD
at first I thought of twitting this Saturday but then I don't think I'll have enough internet data so tomorrow is blog, Friday and Sunday will be twitting about January 2019 :D
as expected I really finished this blog post after I finished my part time job at home..

I think more than COVID, people can die from heatstroke as the mask is making breathing super hard and warm ;-;
it was 26 degrees today and I couldn't bear walking for extra 40mins ;-; 
gave up and rode train and bus ;-; 
but it's still better than falling sick and unable to be active!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment