Thursday 19 July 2018

Shangri-la here I am~

Continuation of my China trip blog, from DAY2
I stopped my previous post with my first half of visit at Dali.

This time, I'll finish writing about Dali plus my experience at Shangri-La
What made me excited the most when I first heard my mum saying that we'll be visiting China is visiting Shangri-La
To those who have been reading my posts for the last few months, I'm back with being a Saiyuki fangirl and as the title says, Journey to the West, the aim of the Sanzo group is Shangri-La XD 
this China trip got my fujoshi heart πŸ˜‚

After visiting Dali's famous 3 Pagodas (without entering the Pagoda area LOL),
it's shopping time at ancient town~!

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I went to 4 towns and at every town, I went to local ancient town πŸ˜‚
it's amazing though how 1 shopping district differ with another even though each town is only like 3-5 hrs car ride apart!
But nevertheless, it feels better to shopping-look look-see see at such shopping district than shopping mall :D

WELCOME TO MINISO πŸ˜‚and Dali's ancient town is nice and clean with ponds <3

Dali's ancient town is pretty modern~ 
The design is still China style but it's beautiful and clean :D

The itself doesn't feel as advanced as Shanghai or Beijing but still very nice!
I think because Yun Nan not much tourist? not much crowd? it's a really nice and relaxing <3

Dali's ancient town reminded me of Singapore's China Town but the more beautiful version

Singapore's China Town is sooooo crowded.
and the public toilet in the mrt station is one of the very few public toilets in Singapore that I dislike ._.

Nice bridge, water, pavilion <3

We walkeddddd to one of the famous spots, the bar district

The circle thingy is the district's spot but got construction T_T

Did take commemoration photo but not one of my favorite photos for this trip πŸ˜‚The right photo was taken by our local guide

I don't know why but our local guide in Dali loves taking photo πŸ˜‚
As soon as we reached Dali, he already requested for our group photo πŸ˜‚
Wellll it isn't wrong for they do need it as a report to their superior in the office.
We even had other guide who took photo of every single meal we had (that's included in the tour). No problemo~


To get this

I did this :B

The stores are supposedly bars~

I didn't venture the street as I also didn't plan to drink πŸ˜‚it was daytime πŸ˜‚
Instead, my cousin and I walked around the shopping district~

We tried Flower Cake!

When we asked our guide about what's the local delicacy that is recommended, she mentioned Flower Cake
Yun Nan is famous for fresh flowers (especially rose), so they use it for cake and tea~

It tasted gooooood

When my cousin and I went closer to the shop, I was quite surprised by the aroma because IT WAS DAMN GOOD SMELLING that I think the staff kinda shocked by my exaggerated movement of taken aback πŸ˜‚

We bought 1 purple 1 classic 1 green~ 
actually got no different in taste but we find the classic color's texture to be harder than the colored ones~

Next, we bought tea at one of the chain tea stores~

I had salted milk tea or something~ 
or was it just salted tea? 
Cause it's not really milk-tea but I remember got milk πŸ˜‚

Yayy it was delicious~!

Commemoration photos at Kentaji and Maidanglao~

KFC and MCD MY LOVE πŸ˜‚
But I didn't get anything from the outlets πŸ˜‚
I confidently drank my tea from RoyalTea in the right photo in front of McD πŸ˜‚

Dali's ancient town was pretty big :D

Dropped by one of the local coffee shops too~!

The mood of the ancient town is really pleasant~! 
I guess partly because I was there on weekday too though XD

Another famous spot in the ancient town is Foreigner District

The shops are almost the same throughout the street though, mainly local China clothing brand, street food and flower cake shops @w@

On our way back to the bus, our guide brought us to this area in the middle of the shopping district. 
It was by mistake as he thought it can be a shortcut but apparently the road already close or something but the place was beautiful XD

The place suits Sanzo so much @w@

It felt like a study but also got temple :D
I recorded one of my vlog footages here!!

Nice garden and bridge

I got lost here with my cousin cause we took our time taking photo πŸ˜‚

The sun was so bright~

I think it was 5pm OwO

Even my mum wanted photo <3

Found One Piece car in the parking lot~

I find the craze in China is One Piece and Totoro @w@

Our dinner place had beautiful garden~

Dinner -> hotel @ Dali's Hilton

7 pm and still so bright~

But sadly this is the view from my room πŸ˜‚

And this was the funniest XD

Who the heck is Jiaqi DongSheng πŸ˜‚
I shared a room with my sister and none of our English nor Chinese name is that πŸ˜‚

At last, DAY3, is my most awaited day, as we are heading to Shangri-La~! <3

Doll of the day is my Saiyuki bias, Hakkai <3
On the way to Shangri-La, we dropped by House of Bai people

Hakkai is actually the reason why I painted my nails green for this trip XD <3

Yun Nan have a lot of Chinese minorities and we visited house of Bai people~

Hakkai my love OwO

Did this

To get this πŸ˜‚

Trust me that it's not the worst 'behind the scene' photo yet XD

We watched dance show~

We were served 3 types of tea where the MC would explain which to drink when and what's the drink about OwO

At first I only doodled note to remember which but I guess it's fine to upload it as it is πŸ˜‚

Pu-er tea is produced in YunNan province and if I don't remember wrongly, it was the most bitter one among the three~
I didn't drink any of the served tea because the cups look dirty πŸ˜‚

The first tea was to be drank when we watched the first show, which was about hardship when working~
The second drink was sweet, which was during party or festival~

The ginger one was sweet and bitter? cause it symbolizes wedding.

The third dance is how a local wedding is

Do check my vlog for preview of the dance XD
The cool thing is the bride wears circle sun glasses πŸ˜‚so funk πŸ˜‚

Road to Shangri-La~

I'm really amaze by China's natural landscape, as even our toilet stop had beautiful view!

I can't stop taking photos, cause Hakkai also travelled by car to the west πŸ˜‚

No Youkai unlike Saiyuki πŸ˜‚
and I just remembered the candy I got from House of Bai

The candy as thrown by the bride and groom with the meaning of those who receive it will get married soon? Like how bride would toss her bouquet during wedding~
The candy just landed in front of my and I gave it to my older sister πŸ˜‚

My mum said like 'YOU SHOULD EAT IT' because I don't have (3D /slapped) boyfriend but I nonchalantly gave it to my sister cause I didn't understand the meaning of the candy LOL 
I wasn't attentive to the show + the talking was in full Chinese and honestly the sound system was bad πŸ˜‚
Plus I'd give it to my sister anyway cause I don't take candy (I only take throat lozenge πŸ˜‚)
I'd probably eat it if it can bring me to 2D world πŸ˜‚

First stop in Shangri-La was Tiger Leaping Gorge

On our way to Shangri-La city, we visited one of Shangri-La's tourist spot first~!

got water got mountain got greenery got sky got cloud, as expected of China πŸ˜‚
But it was truly beautiful

GOT STAIRS πŸ˜‚

I remember having one of my cousins saying 'I'm now afraid when I see stairs' during one of my previous China visits πŸ˜‚
in a way travelling to China is a good sport for the amount of walking but on the other hand, Chinese food so oily πŸ˜‚

I'm at Shangri-La~

I don't only know the term 'Shangri-La' from Saiyuki though~ 
beside one of the famous hotel in Asia (πŸ˜‚), it's also one of my favorite songs by ANGELA (my first ANGELA song to be exact!) and back when I was into Visual Kei, I know that Acid Black Cherry has a song with the same title too~!

If I don't follow Saiyuki, the image of Shangri-La will be HEAVEN.
If I follow Saiyuki, then it can be like the source of chaos? cause that's where most youkai started to go berserk? πŸ˜‚
Anyway, I stick to heaven! :B

Nice view + nice natural light <3

The setting is sooooo Saiyuki-ish :B

Just like how my cousin was excited back in KunMing's Rock Forest, I was uber excited at Tiger Leaping Gorge >w<
She was excited cause she likes those ancient kung-fu (some magical~) fighting serial drama shows, while me, I'm excited as the places look like where Sanzo party would fight demon πŸ˜‚

It was damn hot though

I honestly thought of stopping halfway and go back a lot of time here, cause the heat was real hot but then it's not like I can keep on coming so I forced myself to go the whole routeeeeee
Honestly speaking, no much different when we take photo above and below, still the same mountain-greenery-water πŸ˜‚

The symbol of Tiger Leaping Gorge

TORAWWRRRR

and everywhere also got 'tie talisman (or your wish) for good luck' πŸ˜‚

It's like there are places with buildings and later they sell locks. If couple go buy the locks and lock it, then their love will go forever kind of thing.. of course I don't believe plus I cheapo anyway πŸ˜‚

Commemoration photo~

Also got see through walkable glass~

I only see from the wood 'non-seeable' side πŸ˜‚
And a long path to go~

Just like life can go down sometime, there's also go up~

In other words after a lot of stairs going down, a lot of stairs to go up back to the bus area πŸ˜‚
The guide actually mentioned 600 steps for the whole journey πŸ˜‚

Not everyday I can take photo with stone (?) πŸ˜‚

After Tiger Leaping Gorge, we continued our road trip to the city of Shangri-La

We stopped halfway after an hour ride
The view so nice that it reminded me of Windows XP's desktop background

Just that there's more contrast in Windows XP's desktop background? πŸ˜‚
Just by writing this post I can hear Windows XP's shutting down tone in my head πŸ˜‚

Hakkai and me @w@

Girls group photo <3

I feel like being photo
shopped into a painting πŸ˜‚

Cause the background too beautiful that it felt like fake πŸ˜‚

At last we reached Shangri-la

The pagoda at the city's entrance
First stop was to get oxygen bottle πŸ˜‚

Shangri-la is 3200m above sea water, which is the highest altitude my family and I have been.
From the beautiful outfield area which I mentioned look like Windows XP's desktop wallpaper, our guide told us to not sleep so that it won't be hard to adapt to the new altitude.
Higher altitude means lesser oxygen, that's why we bought oxygen bottle as preparation~

The building in Shangri-la and entrance to the ancient city

Shangri-la doesn't have tall high advance buildings. 
Everything look the same and cute >w<

Bridge in the ancient town and got people wear traditional clothing

The sun so bright /w/

Saw a number of big dogs in Shangri-la /w/

My cousin pointed the armies as my 'friends' cause I wore camouflage skirt πŸ˜‚

As I mentioned before, my image of Shangri-la is heaven and I agree to it.
In this post I can only write 1/2 of my day in Shangri-la, which mean more photos coming up in my next post. I haven't even finish writing about the shopping district!
Next week I'll come up with 2 posts at once.

I've uploaded my China random trip vlog in my YouTube channel~!
I didn't upload short song cover last week, thus I came up with one yesterday and another one tomorrow or Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment