Monday 15 June 2020

Golden Week 2019

Let's travel back to May 2019~!

1 AM, aka 26:00 14 June Sunday
I have a class at 9:30, gotta wake up by 8:20 but somewhat I think I can finish typing this post in 1/2 hr ._.
at the same time my partner hasn't going to bed yet so I think I'll accompany him for a while this way :D

Let's see..
Simple daily update since my last post on Friday the 12th..
rushed to gym 😂
when I end up going to gym together with my partner from home, we always reach JUST ON TIME 😂
i don't really like it since it means i can't really do my own stretching and warm up
I'm sorry i'm not like my partner who can change in less than 5mins 😂
I'd arrange my bag (to small bag like lip balm, eye drop since i'm wearing color lens, headphone, toilet visit, refill water 😂)
didn't have much power since i was pretty hungry 😂
my gym trainer keeps on telling me to eat more afternoon snack before gym but i always too scared ;w;
surprisingly i got abs muscle pain the next day, after so long of not 😂
usually i'd get more butt or thigh pain 😂
so i'm happy 😂

saturday was rainy all day, so i was in super cat, aka lazy mood
woke up -> hungry -> ate banana -> back to rolling around -> got up and ate cereal and edamame -> get dressed and simple makeup in a rush -> go school for an hr of second year international student orientation -> grabbed McD at 3pm -> slept from 4-6? -> did twitting -> made dinner -> ate dinner -> did recording homework -> showered -> bed 😂
already sleepy by 10, pretty much slept till next day's 10AM 😂

The orientation was so depressing since it's about what international students should be ready for; find work to extend visa---
well, it's half depressing because it's reality but i'm very grateful that school is doing what they can to support us!

then.. the last time such 'no good human' day happened was in February?
when my partner went for business trip?
this time, he left for surfing day trip 😂
I'm such a useless cat when he's not around 😂
in a way that's how i'm really grateful to have him in my life 😂

but please praise me for making the effort to go to school, did my homework and twitting 😂
i twitted today before going out with my partner for shopping after so long of not--
then went to friend's place for gaming!

if i can keep on twitting and blogging without stopping till the end of July?
I think my backlog will be cleared UwU
tbh blogging takes more time, like last Friday took me unexpectedly almost 2.5hrs 😂
I said short summary but just writing about the last 2 days alr took me 15mins

Ok!
Time to snap!
Let's travel back to May 2019!
My first Golden Week in Japan!
Late April, early May

2019 happened to be the year where Japan's era changed from Heisei to Reiwa
It happened because change of emperor?
Because of that, in a very rare case, last year's Golden Week created almost 10days of consecutive holidays!
TBH it was kinda weird because 2-3 weeks of normal school -> 10 days holiday -> back to school 😂
A lot of people, studying or working gets lethargic after the holiday ended and I'm no different 😂
Because I enjoyed my Golden Week holiday a lot----

Time for alone exploration time to Toshimaen Amusement Park!

I went to Toshimaen before with my friends to watch Avengers' movie? 
or was it Captain Marvel?
But I've never been to the Amusement Park area!

FYI there was entrance ticket!
When I was there, they had promotion with Yahoo's credit card?
aka people who apply for the credit card on the spot will get free game coupon
crafty (?) V applied, with half knowing that I won't be able to get it 😂
because like sometime ago, I applied for another credit card and couldn't get it as bank account in Japan usually need the person to reside for at least 3? 6 months first

I believe there are exemptions, such as I managed to apply for a cash card from certain bank because it has trust? guarantee from my school
(as in only students from this school can create bank account at this certain bank's outlet)
but the promoted credit card isn't that type so yea, I just got myself free coupon 😂

Toshimaen is a local park!

End of last year?
Came the news that they changing the park into Harry Potter park soon 😂
I'm not into HP 😂
but ok at least i explored the park before it changed!

They had Tokusatsu performance events for the Golden Week!

I came the wrong day :<
That day was Ultraman---
Kamen Rider was other day----

the forever popular petting zoo 😂

As a local park, there are many interactive area!

My parents said I like pony as I enjoyed riding it when I was young in Australia or Austria but I had bad experience with camel so I think I'm not really into horse but I like unicorn XD
the inside part is need to pay area, filled with baby animal such as chick and rabbit!

Fishing :o

Stone (gem?) finding

Carousel!

The biggest roller coaster ride!

Playground!

small and big rides!

V being V (?)
She didn't ride anything 😂
I think I used the voucher to get food?

There were some indoor playing area too!
Such as UFO Catcher, festival style games etc!

mascots?

Idk why I didn't take photo but Tom & Jerry frequently appear in Toshimaen too!
For what reason? I don't know 😂

I forgot to mention that unlike DisneyLand or USJ, a local park means once we paid for entrance ticket, we need to pay separately for the rides or games!
I used the voucher on food
(hotdog, that I only eat when I'm in amusement park since I dislike processed meat 😂)

I didn't ride anything, but I bought ticket for one game; room of trap!

it's an escape game style play where I need to collect 3 stamps from different spots!

I cleared the B course, with A being the easiest and C being the hardest
The average time for B is 40 mins?
But I cleared it in 20!
Because I was also in a rush XD

easy but not too easy?
mainly because I was wearing skirt 😂

Cleared!
and went to watch Ultraman!

I'm totally not into Ultraman but it was fun to watch XD
I was touched (?) as the quality wasn't bad!
I'd even say that it's quite good!
as expected of Japan (plus famous franchise I guess!)

tbh the reason I was in Toshimaen that day wasn't just for the amusement park
I was there to watch Avengers' movie with friends~

fyi, beside cinema and amusement park, there's also onsen in toshimaen~!
for people who wanna enjoy both the park and onsen, there's combo ticket of entering the park after 3pm and entering onsen after 6.30~

went to eat beef course with my partner and friends

Japanese beef is super good in general but I love the fact that because it's oily and fat, it's not the type you'd want to stuff your face with
thus there's balance of price and quality UwU

the fourth photo of beef sandwich, the staff kept on recommending us this black beer and i'm so glad that we gave in to the recommendation and ordered it, because they are so suitable for each other <3

I spent beginning of Golden Week finalizing my room's decorationToshimaen exploration, dinner with friend, met up with Khai who visited from Singapore (plus karaoke) and.....

(PS editor's note; V stopped typing here on 01:42AM aka 26:62 Sunday 14th June, and only continued Tuesday 16th June 07:00AM for a reason that she'll write at the next post!)

miss Thai food -> go to Thailand 😂

the later half of my Golden Week, I visited Thailand!

I think the last time I went to Thailand was in 2013?
With my friends when I was still in Singapore
I really enjoyed my trip back then, especially the shopping (food and massage) parts!
Thus I was super excited as I'm going with friends too, different group XD

first meals were durian!! cendol!! and forever khao man kai XD

VIVA Chicken rice 😂

In Thailand, they have cendol but they call it Lod Chong!
I guess I love similar food between Thailand and Indonesia <3

Reconciled with Tara after almost 2 months of not since I left Medan!

Love her a lot >w<
We laughed so much in this trip 😂
If only there's no COVID19; we kinda planned to go Bali this year ;w;

Tara requested a visit to Totoro's Cafe!

TBH I'm not in Ghibli fandom so I'm just a visitor who takes cute stuff photo (?) 😂

even the cutlery and table setting so cute!

Totoro's goods and books!

i ordered rose tea?
and last commemoration photo!

Bangkok's vanilla twilight

another thing I love about Bangkok beside cheap clothes and delicious food are I find it a safe place to walk
Traffic jam is as bad? as Jakarta but with local train, transportation ain't bad!

Time for V's lawak /slapped 😂
aka funny episodes by baka V
First was in our AirBnb
We went in without any key as the cleaner was still around
Our key is actually in the mail box
But baka V was trying to open another room number's mail box -> can't open -> angry
Only to have Tara later on pointing out that I was trying to open the wrong box 😂
i was like how are we supposed to enter and even ride the lift without key 😂

Second was at Siam, the place I took the vanilla twilight
We were about to meet my partner, but it took us 20-40mins walk
I thought like we can use tuktuk for shorter transportation time
So I asked the tuktuk driver for rate
Before that, I asked my partner what is the acceptable rate
My partner being my partner? or being a Thai -> not familiar with touristy stuff said may be 50Bath?
Thus when my driver told me 300Bath, I was super shocked
That I told Tara 'it's fuckin 300k Rupiah, like 25USD'
I'm so lucky that it's Thailand -> people are friendly that when I asked the driver for 50, he only shook his head and didn't scold me
there are other countries where seller will mock you..
But anyway, later on Tara told me, 'you were so shocked that you thought Bath = SGD? 1 = 10k Rupiah currency rate?' 😂

I'm so happy to have a friend like Tara who let this clumsy girl leading 😂

another Tara's request; One Piece store~

My 'must take!' photo in Thailand is with Ronald McDonald

The Namaste hand sign Ronald McDonald is only in Thailand i think? OwO

ate pork burger!!
and surprised by seeing Japanese drug store :o

Come to Thailand to be greeted with Japanese brand 😂

Another episode I will always remember is at McD 😂
TBH I'm not fond of eating pork
My family doesn't consume pork in Indonesia, plus most Indonesian food is halal, so I only consume pork now and then in Sg, mainly Bak Kut Teh
Moreover, I still prefer chicken in Japan even now
But since I came to Japan, I found a number of delicious pork, including some Thai food

Including that burger
So after a bite, I told Tara this is delicious
and she just replied me, 'whatever tastes better when it's pork'
I felt offended 😂
I'm like sorry, I am newbie in pork 😂
but ofc she wasn't being mean, so it's all fine 😂

so much laughter~!

at the end we rode tuktuk at night from Siam to our AirBnb 😂
spammed videos in my twitter 😂

third day in Thailand; we travelled to Pattaya~!

My trip was first day night reached Bangkoksecond day meeting Tarathird-fourth day went to Pattayafifth day back to Bangkok, sixth day last day in Bangkokseventh day back to Tokyo!

I don't think I've ever visited Pattaya before when young!
I visited Phuket and ChiangMai!
So I was excited!

Thai tea during our stop :D
and a lot of Thai snacks!

Our first stop in Pattaya was the water market!

we watched a staged muay thai show!

The fakery was so obvious that we found it hilarious but it still worth watching!
no bad feeling :D

water market

I bought one dress and one top XD

night was seafood!
ordered different beer brands for comparison!

Just nice, we are 3 XD
Singha (most left) is the most common one around the world
But up to end of last year, I found out that Japan already have all the 3 brands!
Thus that was my first time drinking the other 2 brands :D

If I'm not mistaked, Tara likes Singha
my partner likes Chang (middle)
I like Leo! (right)
Nice, no fighting XD <3

we went on a massage and my partner is being captioned as Indonesian 😂
view from our AirBnb~!

ok another happening
this time not so funny though 😂
We stayed in level 20?
We wanted to go down -> rode lift -> lift suddenly shut down and dropped by 3-4 levels
Ofc my heart was about to popped 😂
It was quite loud too 😂
The three of us ended up holding hand tightly
But luckily, after the drop, the door automatically opened
I was a bit furious as to why most people didn't think fast enough to go out as I kinda pulled the other 2
I mean, LET'S GO OUT
I think after we went out, the power came back but none of us wanted to ride that car anymore 😂

I'm truly grateful that the lift wasn't just stuck
It opened to a level
nor did it just fall all the way through
I'm also kinda amazed that I didn't freeze and stop responding ;--;
I mean I can freeze when I hear Japan's earthquake alarm notification as IT'S SUPER LOUD and makes my heart beat speeds up
But not that time..
I'd cry or shout at the top of my lung when being on something high such as camel or roller coaster but the lift was fine 😭
still scary lol

next day was visiting a beach~

red top bought at the wet market XD

went by ferry~

didn't play any water game though, especially since my partner forgot to bring pajama -> his extra tshirt and swim pants became pajama 😂

no offence but tbh i don't remember what's the exact island 😂

famous spot~

to go up the hill, we use motorbike :D
driver -> my partner -> V XD

so cloudy!

FYI my partner was being hit on by another guy here 😂

/cough good looking guy 😂

didn't suntan but we did chill a bit~!

photos thanks to Tara XD

should learn more to be like her; take lots of photo XD

yay <3

Dinner was at Cabbages and Condoms!

yes you read it correctly, Condom XD

condom light decoration XD
mango dessert that definitely can't be missed! 

We received condom, one per person after our meal!
I don't mean it in a bad way, it's like how sometime we are offered candy after paying our bill XD

I don't have photos but food in Cabbages and Condoms was amazing!
Putting the Condom joke aside, I was introduced to KhaoSoi there!
It's crispy and normal yellow noodle with curry!
I'm so addicted to it even now *w*
I wanna go back to eat there---

After dinner, we actually visited the entertainment district of Pattaya but I didn't take any photo
checked out some night market too but didn't get anything
oh! we also played go-kart before dinner!
we totally played without no much care XD <3

Back to Bangkok!

This time is definitely V's request; Animate XD <3

Yay Thailand's Animate conquered-----

a lot of standees!

and I was reminded that my most fave Otome game is kinda popular in Thailand!

Yume100!
Because I also follow the Thai fanpage XD

Yume100 is the only otome game I have been playing faithfully?
I started in 2017 when I started being OnoD's fangirl + they had collaboration with Black Butler!
and until now, I am still playing!
The amount of money I paid for gacha isn't little is one of the reasons but another is, it's a puzzle game
Having 100 princes -> a lot of seiyuu including my favorite Yusa Kouji & Ishida Akira also matter but tbh, I don't care about the story at all -> almost never listen to their talking 😂
at the end it's the game style & graphic!

took this especially for my cousin because her husbando is Orion XD

enter!!

a lot of sign boards too!
and V being V :D

we also thought of going to dog cafe
but after finding out that the cafe has see through wall, we decided to be cheapo and just took photo from outside 😂

furries!!

boba and snack---

even at Thailand, still KOI 😂

The one that Tara holds is from ChaTraMue
It's quite famous with outlets like TWG in SG but not as expensive and exclusive
Since they do have beautifully designed tea box, I bought a few as souvenirs too~!

another Japanese drug store XD
and night decoration at Siam :D

During our last 2 nights in Bangkok, this time we stayed near Siam for V's shopping purpose 😂

it was also festive holiday in Thailand during that period, because of new king's crowning :D

I think the crowning was the next day after the photos?
A lot of people wore yellow to support and show respect to the royal family :D 

Skechers X One Piece store design, especially taken for my cousin 😂

She was kinda sad that when we were in Singapore back in March, the collaboration didn't happen yet
Thus when I daw this, right away I video called her
or else, I won't be bothered at all since I'm not in the fandom 😂

My cousin's husbandos are Ace and Zoro XD

dinner was street food!
received mango from the AirBnb owner!

Next post will have like 4 more photos from the trip and the remaining of what happened in May 2019 :D
Please do look forward to it too! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment